“Sea Jay” is a good family boat with a decent sail inventory that sails well. She offers lots of opportunity for family fun at a very affordable price.
1979 Ericson 29′
1979 Ericson 29′
Your Day on the Water just got better!
The interior has the warmth and richness of varnished mahogany. The soft, white vinyl headliner adds a degree of sound and thermal insulation. Four fixed ports, three opening port, two deck hatches and the companionway provide excellent natural light.
The forward cabin has a comfortable V berth w/filler cushion, storage shelves over, drawers and bins below.
The head compartment is reasonably roomy, and has good storage. There is a cabinet under the sink, and a locker outboard. Across from the head is a hanging locker for the forward cabin.
The starboard settee serves as a single berth with storage under, behind, and outboard. The port settee would make for a child size single again with storage under, behind and outboard. The dining table folds up against the bulkhead. The teak interior grab rails make movement below decks safe and secure in a seaway.
The L-shaped galley to port has adequate storage, near center line stainless steel sink with manual water, large, top load, insulated icebox, and a two burner electric stove.
There is wide quarter berth to starboard w/outboard storage shelf and an opening port to the cockpit foot well.
- Ritchie SP5 binnacle compass
- Datamarine depth sounder
- Signet speed and distance log
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio
- Clock & Barometer
- 2 Batteries
- Battery parallel switch
- Battery Charger
- 50’ 30 amp shore power cord
- 12 volt DC panel w/battery condition meter
- 110 volt AC panel
- Fortress anchor w/chain and nylon rode
- Bow pulpit and stern rail
- Double lifelines with port and starboard boarding gates
- Dodger hardware
- Six deck cleats
- Flares, horn, 2 fire extinguishers
- 3 Fenders
- 6 dock lines
- Adult Type PFDs
- Life Sling in soft blue case mounted on stern rail
- Nav lights – Port and starboard running lights are up on the bow for good visibility. Stern light is mounted up on the stern. The combination steaming/deck
- 2 Boat hooks
- Fold down boarding/swim ladder on transom
- Teak handrails
- Cockpit cushions
- Cruise equipped and very easy to single hand
- The standing rigging is 1X19 stainless steel wire
- Harken jib roller furler
- Dacron Mainsail w/2 reef point
- Dacron roller furling 130% genoa
- Sail area: 404 sq. ft. using 100% fore triangle
- Deck stepped single spreader aluminum mast
- Manual boom vang
- Mainsheet traveler is mounted on bridge deck forward of helm
- 2 Lewmar #40 two speed cockpit primary winches
- 2 Barient #12 secondary winches
- 2 Barient #10 mast halyard winches
- 2 Locking winch handles
- Sunbrella UV protection on the roller furling head
- Sunbrella mainsail cover
- Manual bilge pump
- Automatic bilge pump
- Bilge blower
- Engine throttle and shift levers and wheel brake are on the steering pedestal
- Raw water cooling
- Primary and secondary fuel filters
- Fuel shut off valve
- Manual head discharges to a 12 gallon holding tank. The overboard discharge has been rendered inoperable
- Leather covered, Yacht Specialties stainless steel wheel with manually connected steering
- Emergency tiller
- Three blade fixed prop
- Raw water strainer
- Blue bottom paint
“Sea Jay” offers a good blend of classic lines along with above and below deck comfort. This is your chance to enhance relationships with a good family orientated boat.
Personal belongings and tools.