The Catalina 36 is easily handled by a couple, has a big comfortable cockpit, and a spacious interior. With her tall rig, she will handle the full range of Midwest sailing conditions. This is a proven design from a company known for a high level commitment to its customers. She offers lots of opportunity for good family fun at a very affordable price.
1986 Catalina 36′
1986 Catalina 36′
Your Day on the Water just got better!
The interior has the warmth and richness of oiled teak. The headliner is textured, white fiberglass for add brightness to the interior. Nine opening port lights, 3 fixed ports, 2 skylight hatches and the companionway provide excellent natural light. There is a good mix of DC & AC lighting to illuminate the teak and holly cabin sole.
The master forward cabin has a comfortable Vee berth w/filler cushion, reading lights, hanging locker, shelves, drawers, and deck hatch.
The head compartment is to port with a manual head & holding tank, countertop w/ sink, handheld shower, shower sump pump, deck hatch, and opening port.
The salon’s port dinette converts to a double berth. The two seats and game table to starboard can be made into a settee or single berth. There is ample storage under, behind, and outboard of the seating. A large companionway protected by a dodger give superior ventilation below decks. The teak interior grab rails make movement below decks safe and secure in a seaway.
The U-shaped galley to port has storage galore, near center line deep stainless steel double sinks with cold pressure (pressure pump is suspect) water with a manual water foot pump, a large, top loading, insulated ice box w/Adler Barbour Cold Machine refrigeration w/freezer (in need of service/repair), and a CSI Gas System two burner CNG stove w/oven and Samsung microwave.
The forward facing navigation station is to starboard across from the galley. The chart table is large with ample related lockers and room for an array of electronics.
The aft stateroom has a comfortable double berth with 4’ headroom and opening port.
Autohelm 3000 autopilot
- Ritchie SP5 binnacle compass
- Datamarine Link 5000
- President MC 724 marine VHF radio
- Dual Electronics AM/FM radio w/2 Sony cabin speakers
- 2 Batteries
- Battery parallel switch
- Guest 2630 automatic battery Charger
- 50’ 30 amp shore power cord
- 12 volt DC panel w/battery condition meter
- Fortress anchor w/chain to 100’ nylon rode
- Foredeck anchor locker
- Twin anchor roller
- Bow pulpit and stern rail
- Double lifelines with port and starboard boarding gates
- Blue Sunbrella Dodger (1998) (canvas needs some zipper replacement but usable)
- Deck hatch wind scoop
- Four deck cleats
- Flares, horn, 2 fire extinguishers
- 3 Fenders and dock lines
- Adult Type PFDs
- White Type IV horseshoe life ring mounted on stern rail
- Nav lights – Port and starboard running lights are up on the bow pulpit for good visibility. Stern light is mounted up on the stern. The combination steaming/deck light is on the mast. Anchor light is on top of mast.
- Boat hook
- Fold down boarding/swim ladder on transom
- Teak handrails
- Teak cockpit grate
- Teak flag staff
- Cockpit table w/drink holder
- Cockpit cushions
- Cruise equipped and very easy to single hand
- The standing rigging is stainless steel wire
North Sails genoa roller furler
- North Dacron Powerhead Mainsail w/single reef point (1998)
- North Dacron Passage Maker roller furling 155% genoa (1998)
- Original Dacron Mainsail
- Original Dacron roller furling 130 genao
- Nylon spinnaker
- Genoa professionally cleaned and serviced (2019)
- Sail area: 601 sq. ft. using 100% fore triangle
- Keel stepped single spreader aluminum mast
- Starboard flag halyard
- Manual boom vang
- Traveler with mid-boom sheeting
- Adjustable Genoa sheet cars
- Spinnaker pole on side deck
- Spinnaker gear
- 2 Lewmar 46 self-tailing primary winches
- 2 Barlow 23 standard secondary winches
- 2 Lewmar 30 self-tailing cabin top winches
- 1 Lewmar standard winch on mast
- All lines lead aft to the cockpit
- Manual back stay adjuster
- 4 Locking winch handles
- Blue Sunbrella sail cover
- White Sunbrella UV protection on the roller furling head sail (2018)
- Helm cover
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pump
- Engine throttle and shift levers and wheel brake are on the steering pedestal
- Fresh water cooling
- Primary and secondary fuel filters
- Diesel fuel & stove shut off valves
- CNG tank in aft cockpit locker
- Manual head discharges to a 21 gallon holding tank. The overboard discharge has been rendered inoperable
- Leather wrapped Edson 32” stainless steel wheel with manually connected steering
- Emergency tiller
- Martec 2 blade folding prop on a 1” shaft (1998)
- Raw water strainer
- VC-17/West Marine and now FW21 bottom paint
- Custom steel storage cradle w/wheels & tongue wheel
- Shrink wrapped for winter
- New North Powerhead mainsail
- New North Passage Maker 155% genoa
- New Martec 2 blade folding prop
- Added California style dodger
- Replaced water pump seal
- Replaced UV protective cover on genoa
- Genoa repair by North Sail
“Silent Reach” offers a good blend of above and below deck comfort in your slip or underway. This is your chance to enhance relationships with a good family orientated boat.