As a multiple owner, freshwater boat, “Time Out” offers a unique blend of cruising amenities in an affordable 28’ package. She’s setup for family fun in comfort and style.
1986 O’Day 28
1986 O’Day 28
Your Day on the Water just got better!
“Time Out” has a bright and inviting interior with teak bulkheads, white overhead, teak ceilings, and a teak and holly cabin sole.
The forward cabin vee berth sleeps two. There are storage hammocks, hanging lockers, drawers, port and starboard opening ports, screened deck hatch, and port & starboard reading lights. There also is a privacy door to the head.
The Groco manual head w/holding tank (overboard discharge has been disabled) is to port. The stainless steel sink and counter top are to starboard with, mirror, handheld shower fixture, teak shower grate and independent shower sump pump, cabinet, dome lights, deck hatch, port and starboard opening ports w/screens. There is a teak door to the main cabin.
The salon’s port settee has a foot well under the galley counter to form a single berth with storage under and behind plus shelving outboard. A folding teak dining table can be stored against the forward port bulkhead. The starboard settee folds out to form a double berth with storage under and behind and more shelving. Good light and ventilation are provided by four long windows w/curtains, a screened deck hatch, and the companionway.
The L-shaped galley to port has storage galore, stainless steel sink near center line with pressure and manual water, and an Attwood 10 gallon electric hot water heater, insulated, 4 cubic foot, top loading ice box, gimbaled Hillerange 2 burner alcohol stove w/oven, and GE microwave.
The navigation station is to starboard at the head of the quarter berth.
The Starboard quarter berth serves as a comfortable single. There is hanging locker storage under the nav station. An opening cockpit port w/screen, and overhead lighting make it all feel light and airy.
- Raytheon Autohelm 3000 auto pilot
- 6” Ritchie steering compass on pedestal
- Signet Marine MK 254 Wind
- Signet Marine MK 267 A Speed
- Signet Marine MK 172 Depth
- Uniden MC 580 Marine VHF radio
- AM/FM/Cassette player with both cabin and cockpit speakers
- Battery parallel switch
- Guest 10 amp battery charger
- 50’ 30 amp shore power cord
- 12 volt DC electronic panel
- 110 volt AC panel w/circuit breakers
- Lightning grounded
- Single anchor roller
- 15# Danforth anchor w/8’ of chain to nylon rode
- Deck anchor locker
- Bow pulpit and stern rail
- Double lifelines w/port and starboard gates
- Teak hand rails
- Fiberglass toe rail
- Six mooring cleats
- 3 Fenders
- 4 Dock lines
- Flares, bell, horn, 2 fire extinguishers, wood plugs
- First aid kit
- Adult PFDs
- White Life Sling on stern rail
- Cruise equipped
- Hood 810 Seafurl LD roller furler
- Adjustable inboard genoa tracks
- Neil Pryde Dacron main sail w/blue Sunbrella cover
- Neil Pryde Dacron roller furling 150% Genoa w/UV protection panel
- North Dacron roller furling 155% Genoa w/UV protection panel
- North cruising gennaker
- Sail area: 396 sq. ft. (100% fore triangle)
- Spartan Spar aluminum mast with single spreaders is keel stepped
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Bridge deck mounted mainsheet traveler
- Boom vang
- Genoa halyard
- Main halyard
- 2 Barlow #24 two speed self-tailing primary winches
- 1 Barlow #19 two speed self-tailing winch on cabin top
- 2 Barlow #16 single seed winch on mast
- Locking and regular winch handles
- Blue Sunbrella winch covers
- Manual bilge pump
- Automatic bilge pump
- Bilge blower
- Engine throttle, shift lever and fuel shutoff on steering pedestal
- Engine emergency alarm for oil pressure/engine temperature
- Closed system cooling
- Racor primary and secondary fuel filters
- Diesel fuel shut off valve
- Pressurized alcohol stove fuel shut off valve
- Engine and electric hot water
The Groco manual head discharges to a holding tank. The overboard discharge has been disabled in compliance with Great Lakes discharge regulations.
- Edson stainless steel steering wheel
- Manual cable and quadrant steering
- Blue Sunbrella helm cover
- Emergency tiller
- 2 Blade 12RH10 sailprop on 1” stainless steel shaft
- Kanzaki KM2-A Transmission with 2.21:1 ratio
- Proper seacocks
- Fresh bottom paint
- Islander and other operating manuals
If you are looking to enhance relationships, this boat is designed for you. Feel safe, secure and comfortable in this self-contained summer home. She has been continuously pampered and is ready to provide fond memories for her new owners.
Personal belongings and tools.