As a one owner, freshwater boat, “Obsession” offers a unique blend of modern cruising amenities in a 28′ package for waterfront living and entertaining.
1996 Hunter 280
1996 Hunter 280
Your Day on the Water just got better!
“Obsession” has a bright and inviting interior with varnished teak bulkheads, white overhead, light ceilings, and a teak and holly cabin sole.
The forward cabin has an adult size vee berth w/ deck hatch, and port & starboard reading lights.
The salon’s wraparound settees and dinette table convert to a double berth with storage cabinetry outboard and port side hanging locker. Good light and ventilation are provided by multiple windows, deck hatch, and the companionway.
The L-shaped galley to starboard has a deep stainless steel sink near center line with pressure cold water, (note-engine and electric hot water heater has been removed), insulated, top loading ice box, counter tops w/fiddles and compartments making food preparation in harbor or underway easy and efficient. The Origo 4100 tow burner alcohol stove is safe and simple to use. An opening port with screen near the stove and the companion way provide good ventilation while cooking.
The head is to port of the companionway with a Jabsco manual head & holding tank (overboard discharge has been disabled), pressure water, molded sink & Corian counter top, mirror, handheld shower fixture, cabinet, dome lights, and opening port w/screen.
The port aft cabin has a comfortable double berth spanning the entire stern. There is additional storage space in multiple bins. Hull and cockpit ports along with overhead lights make it all feel light and airy.
- Raytheon Autohelm ST4000+ auto pilot
- Bulkhead mounted steering compass
- Autohelm Tridata
- Autohelm Wind
- Auto helm GPS
- Icom IC-M304 VHF marine radio
- Jensen MCD 5110 AM/FM/Stereo/CD Player
- (2) Batteries
- Battery parallel switch
- Battery charger
- 50′ 30 amp shore power cord
- 12 volt DC electronic panel
- 110 volt AC panel w/circuit breakers
- Single anchor roller
- Danforth anchor w/chain to nylon rode
- Foredeck anchor locker
- Bow pulpit and stern rail
- Port and starboard stern corner seats w/drink holders
- Double lifelines w/gates
- Stainless steel hand rails
- Four mooring cleats
- Solar vent on forward deck hatch
- (4) Fenders
- (6) Adult PFDs
- Flares, bell, horn, (2) fire extinguishers
- (6) Adult PFDs
- White life sling in soft case on stern rail
- Navigaiton lights – Port and Starboard running lights are up on the bow pulpit for good visibility. Stern light is mounted up on the stern. The steaming light/deck light is on the front of the mast.
- Dink holders
- Cockpit cushions
- Walk thru transom to swim platform
- Boat hook
- Cruise equipped
- Furlex roller furling jib
- Manual boom vang
- Lazy jacks
- Adjustable inboard jib tracks
- Dacron main sail w/jiffy reefing & blue Sunbrella cover
- Dacron roller furling 110% Jib w/ UV protection panel
- Sail area: 428 sq. ft. (110% fore triangle)
- Selden anodized aluminum mast with B&R fractional rig and sweptback double spreaders is deck stepped
- Cockpit arch mounted Harken mainsheet traveler
- All lines led aft
- Jib halyard
- Main halyard
- (2) Lewmar #16 two speed self-tailing cabin top winch
- (1) Locking winch handle
- Manual bilge pump
- Automatci bilge pump
- Engine throttle, shift lever and fuel shutoff on steering pedestal
- Engine emergency alarm for oil pressure/engine temperature
- Closed system cooling
- Racor primary and secondary fuel filters
- Diesel fuel shut off valve
- The Manual head discharges to a holding tank. The overboard discharge has been disabled
- Edson leather covered stainless steel steering
- Manual cable and quadrant steering
- Emergency tiller
- (2) blade fixed sail prop on stainless shaft
- Proper seacocks
- VC17 bottom paint
- Hunter and other operating manuals
If you are looking to enhance relationships, this boat is designed for you. Feel safe, secure and comfortable in this affordable summer home. She has had very light use and is ready to provide fond memories for her new owners.
Personal belongings and tools.