“Curmudgeon’s” award winning design (2015 Cruising World Boat of the Year – Best Pocket Cruiser) includes twin wheels and rudders along with the latest in sail control technology. It is a very stable platform that sleeps five to seven sailors and has all the safety and electronic navigation equipment to cross and safely endure the challenges of Lake Michigan (CE Category A Unlimited Ocean rating). It has a number of sail combinations with roller furling jib and Code Zero foresails and double reefed main – all controlled from the safety of the cockpit.
2014 Jeanneau 34
2014 Jeanneau 34
Your Day on the Water just got better!
She has a bright and inviting interior with varnished Alpi teak bulkheads, white overhead, and a teak laminate cabin sole.
The forward cabin provides guests with the privacy and comfort. The double berth has port and starboard shelves and large hanging locker, side seating, large screened deck hatch, and port & starboard reading lights. There is wide double door to the salon.
The salon’s starboard settee expands to form a comfortable double berth with storage under and behind plus shelving outboard. The port seating converts to a single berth with storage under and behind and more shelving. The fold up navigation station with optional stool is at the aft end of the port settee. The central table has foldup leaves and storage space. The compression post is placed at the forward end of the table to minimize interference when dining. Good light and ventilation are provided by long upper and lower ports, a screened deck hatch, and the companionway.
The L-shaped galley to starboard has storage galore. The deep stainless steel sink is near center line with pressure hot and cold water, and 6 gallon hot water heater. The insulated, top loading ice box has been converted to12 Volt DC refrigeration. Storage cabinetry, combined with slate-finish counter tops w/fiddles and compartments, makes food preparation in harbor or underway simple and efficient. The Eno two burner propane stove with oven is gimbaled and augmented with a Danby microwave. An opening port near the stove and the companion way provide good ventilation while cooking.
The head to port of the companionway is set up with a Jabsco manual head & holding tank (overboard discharge has been rendered inoperable), pressure water, stainless steel sink & slate-finish counter top, mirror, shower stall with independent shower sump pump, cabinet, dome lights, cabin and deck opening ports. A door in the aft end of the shower stall provides interior access to the large sail locker.
The aft cabin to starboard has a large double berth with hanging locker. The large opening deck hatch and opening port plus overhead lighting make it all feel light and airy.
The aft port sail locker is accessible from the interior and from the cockpit. An optional single mattress berth has been added.
- B&G Auto Pilot
- Twin Plastimo Olympic 135 steering compass at helms
- B&G Speed
- B&G Wind
- B&G Depth
- B&G T7 Display in cockpit at helm station to starboard
- B&G V50 wireless VHF with wireless handheld controller & DSC
- B&G 4G Radar
- Wireless Go-Free System
- MOB System
- Two batteries
- Battery parallel switch
- 40 amp Multi stage battery charger (2020)
- 50’ 30 amp shore power cord
- Fold-down door over electrical panel
- 12 volt DC electronic panel w/battery tester
- 110 volt AC panel w/circuit breakers
- Lightning grounded
- Advanced “Prisma Process” injection laminated deck
- Single anchor roller
- Electric windlass
- CQR Plow and Danforth anchors w/chain to nylon rode
- Deep deck anchor locker
- Bow pulpit and stern rail
- Stainless steel, double lifelines w/gates
- Teak hand rails
- Six mooring cleats
- 6 Fenders
- 6 Dock lines
- Flares, horn, 3 fire extinguishers
- First aid kit
- 8 Adult PFDs
- Yellow horseshoe life ring on stern rail
- Life Sling
- Navigation lights – Tri-Light carried atop the mast with steaming light forward of the mast.
- Teak folding cockpit table w/Sunbrella cover
- Cockpit lockers
- Fold down swim platform w/telescopic ladder
- Life raft and companionway hatch board can be stored under cockpit sole
- Hot and cold hand held shower at the stern
- Propane locker
- Boat hook
- Twin Helm Sunbrella covers
- Cockpit cushions
- Aft Cabin (storage) Cushion (Single Cushion in port cabin aft of the shower)
- Cruise equipped
- Roller furling jib
- Lazy bag w/integrated lazy jack lines
- Rigid boom vang
- Y-bridle, main sail sheeting system
- Asymmetrical spinnaker gear
- Classic Dacron main sail
- Roller furling Dacron 110% Genoa w/UV protection panel
- Code Zero
- Sail area: 595 sq. ft. (100% fore triangle)
- Aluminum mast with double spreaders is deck stepped
- Dynema running rigging
- Jib sheet friction rings
- Line bags in the cockpit
- Double ended mainsheet led back to each helm
- 2 Harken #35.2 two speed self-tailing primary winches
- 2 Harken #35.2 two speed self-tailing winches on cabin top
- 2 Locking and winch handles
- Manual bilge pump
- Automatic bilge pump
- Engine throttle/shift lever and shutoff at starboard helm
- Engine emergency alarm for oil pressure/engine temperature
- Closed system cooling
- Yanmar primary and secondary fuel filters
- Single propane tank
- 6 gallon hot water heater
- The Jabsco manual head discharges into holding tank. The overboard discharge can be rendered inoperable
- Twin wheels and rudders
- Manual cable and quadrant steering
- 3 Blade feathering Max Prop (2020)
- Proper seacocks
- Epoxy moisture barrier coat
- VC17 bottom paint Annually
- New $4K custom canvas winter cover (2016)
- Jeanneau and other operating manuals
2015 – Deluxe Winter Cover – Boat Tailors
2016 – AIS, 4G Radar, Go-Free Wireless (wirelessly view B&G T7 chart plotter information from any wireless device), V50 B&G VHF DSC, GPS, Radio with Wireless Remote Control and Mic. B&G Vulcan V7 Chart Plotter at Nav Station, EPIRB
2017 – Life Sling, MOB Wireless System
2019 – Auto pilot calibration, cleaned & waxed hull, tuned standing rigging, replaced speed sensor wheel
2020 – Installed 3 blade feathering Max Prop, replaced battery charger
From the very first glance, “CURMUDGEON” captivates with her pure lines, generous interior volume and inviting cockpit. She has the perfect combination of performance, comfort and safety at sea. Just add your personal touches to match your dreams and create lifetime memories.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.