1984 Tartan 3000 30′
- Electronics & Navigation
- Deck Equipment
- Sails & Rigging
“Pegasus” offers sweet lines, the agility of a club racer, and deep water cruising comfort all in one well balanced design. She has a distinct look that will turn heads when she enters a harbor and cause you to pause on your trip to shore. Note the significant upgrades and improvements since 2010 for this single owner boat.
Number of heads: 1
Tartan sailboats are known for their solid, high quality construction. The interior is oiled teak with white overhead, eight opening ports w/screens, fore, and mid-cabin deck hatches and a “NU-TEAK” cabin sole (2011). “Pegasus” has the classic warmth and appeal of a true yacht.The forward cabin sleeps two with port & starboard shelf swivel lights, large foredeck hatch, and bi-fold teak door for privacy. A filler cushion bridges the area between the 6’04” berths, making one large continuous double berth when desired.The head compartment runs the full width of the boat. The head is to starboard with a manual head & holding tank, and opening port with screen. The stainless steel sink is to port with Formica counter top, manual cold water, mirror, teak grate, linen locker, and opening port with screen. There is a solid teak door for privacy from the salon.The salon’s port settee converts to a comfortable double berth with storage behind and outboard. The starboard settee is short but with foot well and storage behind and outboard. The dinette table folds up against the forward bulkhead. Good light and ventilation are provided by reading lights, multiple opening ports w/screens, deck hatch and the companionway. The interior grab rails make movement below decks safe and secure in a seaway.The “L” shaped galley is to starboard with storage galore, stainless steel sink near center line with a cold water foot pump, and a gimbaled, Hillerange two burner alcohol stove, and large (6.5 cu. ft.), insulated ice box with deck hatch.The large, outboard facing navigation station is to port with a full size chart table with storage under and cabinets outboard.
- 2 Lead/acid batteries beneath starboard settee (2019)
- Battery parallel switch
- Guest Charge Pro 20-amp battery charger (2015)
- 55 amp alternator
- 50’ 30 amp shore power cord
- 12 volt DC electronic panel w/battery tester
- 110 volt AC panel w/circuit breakers
- Lightning grounded
- Bow anchor roller
- 12# Danforth anchor w/35’ chain to 150’ ¾” nylon rode
- Bow pulpit and stern rail
- Stainless steel double lifelines with port and starboard boarding gates (2016)
- Teak handrails
- Four mooring cleats plus mid-ship cleat on port genoa track
- Two Dorade vent cowls
- Five fenders
- Six Dock lines
- Flares, bell, horn, 2 fire extinguishers (2019)
- 6 Adult PFDs
- Stern rail mounted horse shoe life ring
- Life Sling
- Nav lights – Port and starboard running lights are up on the bow pulpit for good visibility. Stern light is mounted up on the stern rail. The steaming light/deck light is on the front of the mast
- Boat hooks
- Folding boarding ladder
- Slotted aluminum toe rail
Sails & Rigging
- Cruise equipped and very easy to single hand
- Standing rigging is 1X19 stainless steel wire
- Harken roller furling head stay system
- Baby stay
- Manual boom vang
- Spinnaker pole on side deck
- Spinnaker gear
- Inboard genoa tracks
- Custom Dacron main sail w/2 reef points & Sunbrella mainsail cover
- North 3DL Marathon 150% roller furling Genoa w/Sunbrella UV protection cover panel (2016)
- Tri-Radial Nylon spinnaker
Sail area: 441 sq. ft.
Painted aluminum mast with double spreaders is keel stepped
Split adjustable backstay
1 Spinnaker halyard
2 Jib halyards
All halyards led aft
Lewmar mainsheet traveler spans the cockpit well, just aft of the companionway
2 Lewmar #40 self-tailing two speed primary winches
2 Lewmar #16 two speed secondary winches on cabin top
2 Lewmar #8 self-tailing cabin top winches
2 Locking winch handles
- Manual bilge pump
- Automatic bilge pump (2017)
- Engine throttle, shift lever
- Engine emergency stop
- Fresh water cooling
- Primary and secondary fuel filters
- Diesel fuel shut off valves
- The manual head discharges to a holding tank. The overboard discharge has been rendered inoperable
- Tiller steering w/extension
- 2 Blade bronze Martec folding prop on 3/4” stainless steel shaft
- 2:1 Transmission ratio
- Raw water strainer
- Proper bronze & stainless steel ball valve seacocks
- VC-17 bottom paint
- Tartan, Universal, and other operating manuals
��Pegasus” was purchased at and has been professionally serviced by Larsen Marine Service since new. She has always been stored mast down with the rig and roller furler on a rack in the spar shed. A computer summary of service is available upon request.2010
Soda blasted bottom to original fiberglass and keel; faired; sealed; painted with VC-17 bottom paint.2011
Removed and replace entire cabin sole with “NU-TEAK” flooring system.2014
New Raymarine wind, speed and depth instruments
New upgraded battery charging system
New North 3DL mainsail, new all stainless steel lifelines
New all stainless steel lifelines
New bilge pump system
New custom fuel tank
Stripped, cleaned, lubricated and re-installed all winches
Two new fire extinguishers
Replaced engine rear seal, oil pan gasket and head gasket on shop bench.
Replaced cutlass bearing.
Proper engine alignment was done and will be checked at launch.
Additional Salesperson’s Comments
Tartan yachts are known to be sensible but elegant, modern yet enduring. Their beautiful teak interiors are matched to a strong, performance hull. This could serve you well as your family fast cruiser or more.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Sending your message. Please wait...
Thanks for your message! We'll get back to you shortly.
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please enter one valid email address.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
Name Error. Use only alpha.
Message Error. Only Use only alpha and numbers.