1987 C&C 38
- Electronics & Navigation
- Deck Equipment
- Sails & Rigging
- Upgrades, Improvements & Maintenance
- Additional Salesperson’s Comments
C&C sailboats are known for their bright and inviting interiors with oiled teak bulkheads and cabinetry, white overhead, light ash ceilings, and a teak and holly cabin sole. “Pleiades II” offers modern living in a performance package.The forward cabin has a double vee berth with comfortable, memory-foam cushions, shelves w/cubbies, storage drawers, cabinets, screened deck hatch, cabin fan, and port & starboard dome lights. Just outside the louvered privacy door, is a port side head and large hanging locker to starboard.The head is equipped with a Jabsco manual head & holding tank (overboard discharge has been capped), pressure water, molded sink & counter top, large mirror, shower stall w/sink handheld shower fixture, teak shower grate, and independent PAR shower sump pump, cabinets, dome light and 2 deck hatches w/screens.
The salon’s port settee makes a comfortable single berth, and can be folded out to a double, with teak shelving and cupboards outboard. Outboard of the starboard settee is a cozy pilot berth, which can serve as a single berth or large storage area. There is ample storage behind and under all settee cushions. The drop leaf, teak table seats six. Good light and ventilation are provided by long side windows, a large, screened deck hatch, screened companionway and cabin vents. The companionway has a sliding, Plexiglas top and teak drop boards. The interior teak grab rails make movement below decks safe and secure in a seaway.
The U-shaped galley to starboard has storage galore, double stainless steel sinks near center line with hot and cold pressure water with a Raritan 6 gallon, 110v AC/engine heated hot water heater, a large, insulated ice box that has been converted to Adler Barber/Nova Kool 12 DC refrigeration, ice box pump out, tilt out trash container, teak-trimmed cabinets, cubbies and paper towel rack, Formica countertops w/multiple fiddles, a microwave, and a gimbaled, Hillerange three burner propane stove with oven. A plastic cutting board fitted to the stovetop, creates extra workspace.
The forward facing Nav station is to port at the forward end of the quarter berth. There is storage in the large chart desk and shelving and cabinets close at hand.
Behind the port side Nav station, is a large quarter berth, comfortable as a double berth, with or w/out the fold up leeboard. The outboard side of the berth has a long shelf with fiddle rail and multiple storage cubbies. A cabin fan, opening port w/screen, and overhead lights add to its spacious, light and airy feel.
- 3 batteries (2-110 amp hour house batteries & 1 engine starter battery)
- Battery parallel switch
- House Bank Battery Monitoring Panel
- ProMariner Protech 1240 12v automatic battery charger
- 55 amp alternator
- 50’ 30 amp shore power cord
- 12 volt DC electronic panel w/battery tester
- 110 volt AC panel w/circuit breakers shore power system
- Lightning grounded
- Anchor roller
- Bruce anchor w/chain to nylon rode
- Danforth anchor w/chain to nylon rode
- Deck anchor locker
- Bow pulpit and stern rail
- Double life lines with port & starboard boarding gates
- 4 Fenders
- 8 Dock lines
- Flares, horn, Distress flag, 2 fire extinguishers, wood plugs
- First aid kit
- Radar reflector
- Starboard spreader flag halyard
- MOB pole mounted on Backstay
- 4 Type I USCG approved PFDs
- 2 Type II USCG approved PFDs
- Life sling in soft white case mounted on stern rail
- Horseshoe life ring on stern rail
- Navigational lights – Port and starboard running lights are up on the bow pulpit for good visibility. Stern light is mounted up on the stern rail. The steaming light/foredeck light is on the front of the mast. White 360 degree masthead light sits atop the mast.
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit pedestal table w/drink holder
- Stainless steel Magma propane BBQ grill w/rail mount
- Boat hook
- Boarding ladder w/teak rungs
- Slotted aluminum toe rail
- Stainless steel ensign mount w/ teak pole.
Cruise equipped but can race
- Standing rigging is Nav Tech stainless steel rod
- Sailtec model 12SI adjustable hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Baby Stay
- Harken Jib Reefing and Roller Furling system
- Lazy jack main sail flaking system
- Sailtrack Mainsail System
- Harken adjustable inboard genoa tracks
- Manual bilge pump
- Automatic bilge pump
- Engine throttle, shift lever and wheel brake are on the steering pedestal
- Engine emergency alarm
- Engine emergency stop
- Fresh water cooling
- Racor primary and secondary fuel filters
- Diesel fuel and propane stove shut off valves
- Propane tank in dedicated starboard aft cockpit locker
- The Manual head discharges to a holding tank. The overboard discharge has been capped
- 40’ Edson stainless steel steering wheel – manual cable and quadrant steering
- Emergency tiller
- 2 blade bronze Flex-O-Fold prop on stainless steel shaft
- Kazi transmission w/2.83:1 reduction gear
- Groco raw water strainer
- Proper bronze seacocks
- Interlux VC-17 bottom paint
- C&C and other operating manuals
Re-upholstered all cabin cushions, and upgraded V-Berth cushions to memory foam.
Replaced ST60 (speed/wind/depth), Raystar GPS. Raychart 620 Chartplotter, Fluxgate compass, Horizon VHF Radio, Jensen Stereo w/ CD Changer, VHF Antenna, ProMariner Battery Charger
Added Sailtrack Main sail system
2008 – 2016 in Storage
New Running Rigging (Main Halyard, Jib Halyard, Port Halyard, #2 Reef line, Jib Sheets), New SailTech Backstay adjuster, New Harken Jib track cars. Pumped out and cleaned Fuel tank.
LED Cabin lights, Replaced Engine Raw water pump
New Jabsco Pressure pump in Galley
Trick her out as your family club racer or just do some fast cruising. The forward cabin will become your special space while the quarter berth, settee, dinette and pilot berth can accommodate friends, kids or a racing crew.
Sending your message. Please wait...
Thanks for your message! We'll get back to you shortly.
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please enter one valid email address.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
Name Error. Use only alpha.
Message Error. Only Use only alpha and numbers.